Ask anyone who has been on a road trip with me, I love to print out questions or peruse Pinterest to find questions to get to know someone. Even if I’ve known them for years, there are some things that don’t come up naturally in conversation, and having a list of questions to ask your friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, siblings, etc. just makes the trip that much more fun. There’s never a bad time to get to know someone better, even when you’re talking about the basics, like one food you could eat for the rest of your life or what TV show you’d like to be a character on. And you don’t have to be embarking on a long road trip to ask these questions. You could even get the list out and go through a few over a glass of wine or in the middle of a game night. This list has a mix of the fun and the quirky questions and the hard-hitting, in-depth ones.
1. Do you have any nicknames? How did you get them?
2. Where were you born?
3. Why/how did your parents choose your name?
4. Tell me about your family.
5. Tell me about your best friend.
6. What was your first job?
7. What’s your astrological sign?
8. What do you like to do in your spare time? What are some of your hobbies?
9. What were you like in high school?
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
11. Do you speak more than one language?
12. What is your favorite color and why?
13. Tell me about your first pet.
14. What was your first car?
15. What is your favorite music genre?
16. How many states have you traveled to?
17. How many countries have you been to?
18. Describe yourself in three words.
THIS OR THAT
19. Coffee or tea?
20. Coffee or alcohol?
21. Summer or winter?
22. Beach or city?
23. Bacon or sausage?
24. Take a cruise or go backpacking?
25. Cats or dogs?
26. Night or day?
27. Skydive or scuba dive?
28. Cookie dough or baked cookies?
29. McDonald’s or Burger King?
30. Appetizer or dessert?
31. Zoo or aquarium?
32. Football or soccer?
33. Ice cream or sno cone?
34. Chocolate or vanilla?
35. Cheerios or Fruit Loops?
36. Introvert or extrovert?
37. Not shower for a month or go without internet for a month?
38. Taylor or Kanye?
39. Pancakes or waffles?
40. Guacamole or queso?
41. Burger or seafood?
42. Salty or sweet?
43. Cake or pie?
44. Fruits or veggies?
45. Netflix or Hulu?
46. What toppings would you put on your perfect pizza?
47. What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
48. If a genie could grant you three wishes right now, what would they be?
49. If you could live a day in the life of anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
50. What is the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
51. What is one destination on your travel bucket list?
52. What famous person would you like to meet?
53. What is one food you could eat over and over and never get tired of?
54. What was the last book you read and would you recommend it?
55. Who are your biggest celebrity crushes?
56. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
57. What’s your favorite way to eat a potato (fried, baked, mashed, au gratin, etc.)?
58. What is your signature dish?
59. What is your personality type?
60. Name three things on your bucket list.
61. Have you ever collected anything?
62. If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would buy?
63. What’s an Olympic sport that doesn’t exist, but if it did, you’d win the gold?
64. Share your most embarrassing moment.
65. What is your favorite meal of the day?
66. What fictional character do you identify with most (could be from a movie, show, book, video game, etc.)?
67. What is your favorite movie?
68. What is your favorite Disney movie?
69. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
70. If you were to audition for American Idol, what song would you sing?
71. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
72. If your house caught on fire, what are three things you would grab (guaranteeing you’d have enough time to get out safely)?
73. What is your favorite age you’ve lived so far?
74. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
75. You’re in prison. How did you end up there?
76. What is one talent you don’t have that you wish you did?
77. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
78. If you got an extra hour per day, what would you do with it?
79. What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
80. What is the worst haircut you’ve ever gotten? Pictures, please!
81. When was the last time you pooped or peed in your pants (as a grown adult)?
82. What movie has always scared you?
83. What’s your go-to alcoholic beverage?
84. What was your favorite toy as a child?
85. What’s one talent you don’t have that you wish you did?
86. What was your favorite birthday celebration?
87. Do you have any holiday traditions?
88. If your life was a TV show, what would be the theme song?
89. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
90. What fictional world would you like to live in?
91. If money was no factor, what job would you like to do?
92. What is your relationship like with your family?
93. Have you ever been in love?
94. What is your favorite thing about yourself (both physical and non)?
95. Who is one person in your life that you’re eternally grateful for?
96. What is one experience that truly shaped you?
97. What is one thing you got rejected for that ended up being a blessing in disguise?
98. What are your long-term goals?
99. What traits do you value most in a relationship?
100. What lessons did you learn from your past relationships?
101. What is something that people often misunderstand about you?
102. What are your religious views?
103. What are your political views?
104. What makes you happy?
105. What’s something that’s happened to you that made you a stronger person?
106. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
107. Where is your favorite place in the entire world and why?
108. What is your biggest fear?
109. What are you most insecure about?
110. What is your passion?
111. What is one change you’d like to see in the world?
112. What is something you’d like to change about yourself?
113. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
114. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
115. What’s the toughest thing you’ve ever experienced?
116. What do you want to be remembered for?
117. What is one trait you possess that you’d like for your future children to have as well?
Now it’s your turn! Pick a few questions and answer them in the comments!