Last year when Spotify showed me my year in music, I spent so much time scouring through all of the statistics. Honestly, the mystery behind why seeing all of the songs I listened to most during the year brings me so much joy is a mystery to all, but I have no shame. I absolutely love reviewing my year in music. I also love that they compare some of the statistics to my statistics from last year. I can honestly say that my 2015 Top Tracks playlist has officially become my favorite playlist. It’s so fun to listen to each song and remember how I fell in love with it. Music can bring you back to a time in your past, and my playlist has done just that for me.
The first song that I listened to in 2015 was “Prologue: Into the Woods” by Into the Woods Ensemble.
I know a lot of people had different expectations for this movie, but actually really loved it. I loved listening to the soundtrack, and apparently I started the year jamming out to it.
The top 5 songs I listened to were:
1. “Good For You” by Selena Gomez: 119 streams
2. “One Time” by Marian Hill: 98 streams
3. “I’m Good” by The Mowgli’s: 83 streams
4. “Where Are Ü Now” cover by The Gardiner Sisters and Madilyn Paige: 83 streams
5. “Dibs” by Kelsea Ballerini: 81 streams
You can listen to my top 100 playlist below. I listened to it the whole way through several times on my Christmas road trip, and I still love every song.
The top 5 artists I listened to were:
1. Alex & Sierra: 322 streams
2. Marian Hill: 236 streams
3. Kelsea Ballerini: 179 streams
4. Selena Gomez: 164 streams
5: ODESZA: 152 streams
The top 5 albums I listened to were:
1. It’s About Us by Alex & Sierra: 322 streams
2. Sway by Marian Hill: 221 streams
3. The First Time by Kelsea Ballerini: 178 streams
4. Pitch Perfect 2 Soundtrack: 161 streams
5. Montevallo by Sam Hunt: 131 streams
The top 5 genres of music I listened to were:
2. Neo Mellow
3. Pop Rock
4. Contemporary Country
5. Country Road
This year, I listened to 36,000 minutes of music, which translates to 599 hours or 25 days. This is 42% more time listening to music than last year.
This year, I listened to 1,107 different artists, which is 216 more artists than I listened to in 2014.
This year, I listened to 2,360 different songs, which is 138 more songs than I listened to last year.
Spotify also shows what artists you listened to most by season.
During winter, I started the year off listening to:
1. Olly Murs: 58 streams
2. Meghan Trainor: 31 streams
3. Ed Sheeran: 18 streams
In spring, I listened to a lot of:
1. Alex & Sierra: 151 streams
2. Matt Hires: 116 streams
3. Sam Hunt: 96 streams
My summer was filled with:
1. Alex & Sierra: 148 streams
2. Kelsea Ballerini: 138 streams
3. Selena Gomez: 117 streams
During fall, I listen to lots of:
1. Marian Hill: 147 streams
2. Childish Gambino: 86 streams
3. Oh Wonder: 85 streams
I’m positive that 2016 will be full of even more awesome music, and I’ll probably kick it off with my own personal ‘Play It Forward’ playlist:
What were some of your favorite songs and artists of 2015?