|photo credit: robin … via photopin cc|
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving (obvs), and this time of year always make me feel nostalgic. I love reflecting on the awesomeness that has come into my life and remembering my journey from an unhappy point in my life to a happy one. I have so many reasons to be thankful, especially things I take for granted, such as warm showers, a place to live, a job that pays me well enough to live independently, clothes, and never going hungry.
Today, I want to share with you a few things that I’m thankful for this year:
1. Jon: Next month, we’ll have been together for four years, and it’s amazing that I’ve found someone who puts up with my sassiness and mood swings and wants to be with me for the rest of my life. Being in love is such a beautiful thing, and I really hope that everyone gets to experience it one day.
2. Molly and Farah: There are no words for the amount of love I have for my dogs. I love coming home because they’re always the first things I see. They greet me with so much glee. It doesn’t matter what went wrong during my day, seeing my puppies always cheers me up.
3. My family: We’ve never been very family-oriented as far as talking about our feelings and keeping in touch every single day, but I am so thankful to have a family who loves and supports me. I have such a large, dysfunctional family, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
5. Friendship: The combination of being a military brat and graduating from college leaves me with friends all over the place. It’s so fun to simultaneously plan a Friendsgiving with my local friends and reunions with college roommates and other people that I’ve met throughout my life’s journey. I’m so thankful for my friends and all of the happiness they bring into my life.
6. My job: My current job is literally the best job I’ve ever had, and it’s made me feel like a real adult to have my own desk, a company email, and even my own business card (that I hardly ever have a reason to hand out). I’m so excited about the opportunities I’ve been given and to see what the future holds for my career.
7. My love of writing: Last night, I won NaNoWriMo. I wish I could describe the feeling of elation I felt. I finished the first draft of my novel in under 30 days, and it feels so great. I’m excited to see what comes of it, but for now, I’m just happy to have finished.
8. Endless Bliss readers: I love this blog. I loved this blog even when no one read it. I love writing, and getting to do it every day and have people actually respond to what I’m writing and making connections with people around the world is what keeps me coming back to share bits of my life in my little corner of the internet. Thank you so much for reading my blog!
9. Netflix: Okay, seriously. I’m so thankful for Netflix. It gives me the perfect excuse to spend whole Sundays on the couch.
10. Books: Because the bookworm life is the only life I know.
11. Fuzzy socks: I wouldn’t be surviving this
winter fall without fuzzy socks. I keep them on my feet every second that I’m home (and sometimes when I’m not home. I’ll wear them with my boots. I don’t want to change socks because there’s a few seconds of cold feet that I don’t want to deal with).
Chicken wings: Sushi: Potatoes in every form: Food: I’ve always been the kind of person that will buy lunch before I buy shoes. Even this weekend, I went to the mall and visited about five different stores, and all I walked out with was lunch from the food court. It was so worth the trip, too.
13. J.K. Rowling: #always
14. Supernatural: Because Jensen. And Jared. And Misha.
15. Hot cocoa: I wouldn’t have made it through November without hot cocoa. Almost every time I sat down to write my book, I had a cup of hot cocoa next to me.
I hope you have a beautiful holiday with your loved ones! I’m excited to eat until I pass out and then wake up and do it all over again. Happy Thanksgiving!
How are you celebrating Thanksgiving this year?