Anytime I go on vacation, I have to make a list of all the things I need to pack. Usually this list is really extensive, and you would think that I would save these lists, but no. I like making new lists because it just makes me more excited about my trip.
Since I’m embarking on my annual Gulf Shores vaca (and by annual, I mean that we went last year, and we’re going again this year) with TASK, aka my girlfriends, aka Tiffany-Amanda-Sarah-Katherine, tomorrow, I, of course, had to prepare by making a packing list. And while having everything I need for the actual trip is important, so is being prepared for the 7-8 hour drive to the beach.
Here are some of my road trip essentials that I could not survive the drive without:
1. Face wipes: I have naturally oily skin, and after I wake up, my skin is pretty gross. I definitely plan on taking a little cat nap on the road, and I’ll need one of these to freshen up afterward.
2. A notebook and pen: As a blogger and a wannabe author, I never know when inspiration will strike. I always keep a notebook with me, and while I’m on vacation, I like to write little things down so I’ll remember them later. Even though I also keep notes in my phone, sometimes I like to revert to my old school ways.
3. Water: For obvious reasons. Gotta keep hydrated!
4. Mints: I pop mints like candy, and when I’m on the road, post-nap, it’s always nice to have something to freshen up the breathe.
5. Sunglasses: Obviously, when going on a summer vaca, you have to have some sunglasses.
6. A good book: Some people get carsick when they try to read on the road, but usually, I’m unaffected. I love reading (obviously), and travel time is the perfect time to catch up on novels I’ve been wanting to read.
7. Hand sanitizer: I hate public bathrooms, and soap dispensers are the most disgusting things to touch. I mean, everyone touches them after doing their business. Gross. I like to keep some hand sani with me on the road so I don’t have to deal with all those germs.
8. 90’s music: Nineties music is my favorite music already, but I especially love it on the road. Road trips are the perfect time to listen to all of the throwbacks. P.S. Don’t judge my old school nano. It has all of my old music on it.
9. Snacks: At work, I’m always eating. Why stop the habit on the road?
10. BFF’s: The most essential part of a road trip is the people you’re traveling with! What’s a vacation without your besties?
Are you going on vacation this summer? What are some of your road trip essentials?